Monday, August 06, 2007

Monday 6 August


James woke up this morning with a red rash over his back & tummy. I sent him to school anyway because he seemed cheerful enough. James came home & told me his rash had spread to his legs & arms. I decided I had better search Mr Google & see what he brought up. He brought up measles, chickenpox, rubella & impetago to name a few. The symptoms seemed to be more like measles so I waited for Scott to come home & sent him & James off to the after hours clinic. They came home about 2 hours later to tell me that it is just a cold. Now don't I feel stupid but why would anyone think of a rash as being part of a cold. Of course we got the caveat if his conditions get worse bring him back in. Of course it was because the rash had got worse during the day that I sent him to be checked out anyway.
So now I know that a rash can be a symptom of a cold, how many of you knew that? Mr Google didn't!

5 comments:

loonyhiker said...

Also watch for strep! I thought you could only get strep throat but then my daughter got a rash on her tummy a couple of weeks after she had strep throat which was also strep. They ended up giving her a shot of strong antibiotic because they were afraid this could cause rheumatic fever. After that, she never had strep again.

Roo said...

Yep I knew that - but them my boy is older so I have had longer to find that out lol.
Love your card.

bahama97 said...

I didn't know that either. You did the right thing...better safe than sorry. Hope he is feeling better. **hugs**

Vern said...

I didn't know that!
I hope James gets to feeling better soon.

Amy Marie said...

Suprising yes I knew this... had an ear infection once that got so bad it spread out through my body and gave me some crazy hives... hope he feels better soon.