Monday, July 23, 2007

Favourtie Childhood Foods

Do you have favorite childhood foods that you still love? Or ones you can't believe you used to eat?

I think that I still eat the same food as I did when I was younger. I never really had any wierd food combinations when I was a child.

My favourite food as a child was my mum's homemade chicken noodle soup, I just loved it. I was so thrilled when I went up to mum's earlier this month & she had it going, I just had to have a mug of it. It is made with boiled up chicken carcasses, but there is more to it than that because I have done that & mine just does not taste the same. Funny how parents or even grandparents have a recipe, not even written down, that they seem to follow. They tell you how to do it & you still can't get it to taste the same.

Another favourite, that I don't make often because none of the males in my family like cooked mushrooms, was my mum's chicken casserole. I can make this one & get it to taste like my mum's but none else in the family but me likes it. One day I'll just have to make it & freeze it in small portions to have in a toasted sandwich for lunch.

Those are the two off the top of my head, that are my favourites, they are also soul food, so maybe that is why they are my favourites.

2 comments:

Hannah said...

I used to love those biscuits with the squiggly chocolate on the top and the hole in the middle! YUM!

And I also used to grate cheese onto a plate and then zap it in the microwave and eat it melted!!! Weird huh?!!

Jenny said...

LIke my mom's cauliflower cheese - I can't stand the stuff but Adrian loves it and says I can't make it like his MIL can - LOL