Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Patience

Blog Prompt: I wish I could learn..... because.....

I wish I could learn how to be more patient. Really at the moment my patience levels seem to be at rock bottom. I really think what I need is a holiday for a few weeks away from the boys, absence makes the heart fonder right? I seem to be always telling the boys the same thing over & over again, usually only 15 minutes after I have already told them. It is wearing me down. I don't know if it is a cunning plan by the boys to wear me down till I say "to heck with it, walk out in the traffic I don't care" or whether they just are not listening, or maybe they are & just don't care.

I was never a patient person to start with but I did manage to get some when the boys were born but I think they are now sucking it all back out of me. I would like to be the kind of mum who doesn't need to yell at her children, but at the moment I am doing that more often than not. I don't know if there is a mother out there who hasn't yelled at her children but if there is please send her my way & she can teach me how to have an infinite amount of patience.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

I remember feeling exactly the same way when my daughters were young. Maybe once a week you could find someone else with young children and you could take turns watching them (at either home or in a park) for an hour, just so you both could have a little time to yourself.