Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Cheap entertainment

Blog Prompt: Tell about something you do for entertainment that doesn't cost any money.

I think the cheapest form of entertainment for me is to read. I get books out of the library so it is free of charge. I also like to play solataire on the computer but of course originally the computer would have cost money. I love to scrapbook but most of that costs money, paying for the photos to be printed & even free digi stuff still costs something, the internet connection & the computer. I'm not sure there really are too many forms of absolutely free entertainment, even getting library books out costs petrol money really. Sometimes I think I look at things too deeply.

Thanks for the concern over the mammogram. I went in yesterday & had the mammogram & then an ultrasound over the area in question. It would appear that yes I do have a thickening & I should get it looked at again in 2 months but they really think it is nothing at all. There was nothing they could recommend for the pain, so I will keep popping the Evening Primrose Oil & hope that fluid retention will disappear & the pain with it. I suppose really my body must be getting old & there must come a time in your life when you have to accept the fact that there will be pain & niggles you just have to learn to live with it. You could say that was $180 down the drain. It's really been a bad week financially for spending money with health professionals who can't do anything to help. Then again my peace of mind is definitely worth the $180.

5 comments:

Glynis said...

Glad to hear about the good report...and yes, $180 is a lot, but now you know and that's worth a lot! And the library is my favorite cheap entertainment, too!

carin.c said...

Reading is one of my favorite pastimes... and peace of mind is worth it.

loonyhiker said...

I agree that nothing beats peace of mind. If you got that, it was money well spent. Glad it wasn't anything serious but I'm sorry you still have pain.

Karen said...

Absolutely agree that $180 was not bown away Katrina. At least you know where things stand and you'll monitor that thickening and keep it under control. Just because you're getting older doesn't mean you shouldn't be in control.

And I'm with you on the library too. My favourite source of free entertainment too.

Jenny said...

So glad things didn't go to badly