Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday 13 March

I took some time out to go & visit the Ellerslie Flower Show. Really I didn't take enough time, I spent 2 hours there but I only got inside one marquee & it was only selling jewellery & quilts. I was quite shocked to see the length of the queues to get into all the other marquees. There were queues everywhere & then there were people standing in them & they didn't even know what marquee they were queuing for. The floral art marquee had a huge queue that had some people standing in it for 2 hours. There was no way I was going to waste my precious 2 hours standing in a queue.

So what did I see? I saw a few theme gardens & the national flowerbed competition. This photo is of the flowerbed put together for Akaroa. I loved the use of the boat & the wonderful sail with the picture of the native pigeons on it.

No comments: