Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Time to Create

Is there a time of the day when you feel most creative?

I feel most creative while doing the routine exercise. If I am doing my weights routine I am too busy concentrating on my appl;ication to it to think about anything else. However it's usually when I am jogging or swimming that the creative bursts come to me. I am doing an activity that doesn't require too much of my brain in some respects so my brain seems to switch into a creative zone. Of course there is a problem here, I can't swim & scrap at the same time so I have decided to keep a notebook in my car & when I finish my swim I can jot down any ideas that came through, if I can remember them.

I do most of my creative work at night, once the boys are in bed. I have wondered about switching my routine around & doing my scrapping in the morning but I am a morning person & if I don't get the exercise done in the morning, it just doesn't happen, & exercise is important. Besides which, it may just be the freeing of the mind while doing the mindless exercise that my brain needs to be creative.

4 comments:

Stephani said...

You sound like Tammy in that it seems that getting oxygen to the brain is the way to be creative. I totally agree with you on the exercising thing. If I ever had time to work out it would have to be in the morning otherwise it would get put aside for other things. I love the music you add. That is a really cool song. I hadn't heard that before.

Glynis said...

So true about exercising in the morning...although I still haven't made that a habit yet!!

Tammy said...

Thats a good idea to carry a notebook with you.

Karen said...

Yes when your body's engaged but your mind is free to wander is a great time for creativity. I feel like that when I take my morning walk to the train station.