Friday, September 14, 2007

Stuck in a rut?

Self-motivation. Ever get in a rut and didn't feel like you would ever get out? What did you do to pull yourself up and out?

Yes, that happened to me just a few weeks ago. I felt stuck in a rut & wanted to just pull back from life. I did pull back. I didn't read my emails, I didn't answer the phone, I didn't log on to the internet, I took the time to just relax, do the things that I love doing. I slowed down on the housework, only did the required stuff, & then sat down & read. I needed a break, some silence, some peace.

Sometimes I just need a break, I really do like being alone sometimes, I like my own company. I like to have a hole to hide in when I feel that everything is getting on top of me.

I have learnt that I am allowed to just back out sometimes & that really I need to. It's not very often, it happens a lot around September/October & I haven't worked out why. Maybe it is because we are finally coming out of winter, new life is bursting everywhere & I need to take stock of my own life before I can burst on with my new life. It has always been a tough term with the children, it is a 10 week school term with no public holidays to break it up. They have been sick, cold, cranky & it just builds up in me until I need to recuperate my soul before the 3 week holiday, which BTW starts tomorrow.

So that was a long winded way of saying, yes I get stuck in ruts & usually I pull back from life a bit & take time to do the things that I enjoy doing.

8 comments:

ArcaneFaery said...

great post! I hide sometimes, too!! (ok a little bit every day...)

Glynis said...

We all need some time to kick back and do nothing. I wish I could just get a few moments every day to that..wouldn't that be great?

Unknown said...

There are times I feel that way too. Just need to back off and away from everyone.

I've tagged you with a meme which should be on my blog soon. :)

Becky aka DomesticGoddess said...

Yep, it's your turn!!

You've been tagged, check out my blog for instructions.....

loonyhiker said...

Yes, I love having "me" time which is why I get up so early. I know that is the time that I can enjoy life and not think about other things or people.

loonyhiker said...

I tagged you for a meme. Please look at my blog: http://loonyhiker.blogspot.com/

Amy Marie said...

I totally agree with you sometimes the outside world gets to be to much... and some quiet alone time is just what your inner self ordered.

Treighsie said...

I'm glad you are out of your rut! I'm the opposite, I start to get depressed if I feel alone... isn't it interesting how different people are?