Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The lifecycle of my dishbrush

Simplify life. We all have them, those household items that we purchase for one thing and then end up using them for another. What items do you have that serve double duty?

This is a hard one for me to answer. I have just read through all the other blog responses to this & it is obviously the little things that serve a double purpose.

My dish brush starts out as dishbrush major. Dishbrush major is the brush that cleans all the pre rinsed pots & pans & things that can't fit in the dishwasher. After about a month it becomes dishbrush minor. Dishbrush minor is the brush that rinses off all the plates & pots, pans & Mo's food dish. It starts to get very mucky & it then graduates to a brush that I use to clean around taps & plug holes. After that it gets it's final use as a brush to really scrub off the stubborn soap scum that is on the floor & walls of the shower cabinets. It then ends it's life in the rubbish.

5 comments:

Nicole Young | Urban Wings Art said...

That is too funny!! I have a trusting scrubrush that runs through a similar life cycle!!!

loonyhiker said...

I love the title of your post! I never thought about the lifecycle of things! Hmm, I'm going to start looking around at stuff differently.

ArcaneFaery said...

well that is very efficient!

Unknown said...

Sounds like my sponges. Only goes: 1st dishes, next it graduates to pots and pans, then to counters, sinks & stoves, finally the floor before it is tossed. Thanks for participating.

bahama97 said...

That is quite a system! At least you have gotten your money's worth out of the brush :)