Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Superhero Power

9. What superhero powers would you like to have?

I would love to be like Tabitha on Bewitched. That was the suburban housewife who had a trick up her sleeve. She could wriggle her nose & get things done in seconds. That would be an awesome thing to be able to do. I think I would use it most on housework. I could drop the boys off at school, do my exercise & then wriggle my nose & all the housework would be done, leaving me time to do the gardening or scrap or maybe read in the sun. Sometimes I think gardening would be nice if I could wriggle my nose, but sometimes I really do like to just get outside & weed, plant & look after the garden.

I know that Tabitha wasn't a superhero but really I don't think I would want to be like batman, or spiderman & even wonder woman doesn't seem to have a great power that I would find useful. Interesting how "superheroes" don't really have a super power applicable to real life. Maybe the real superheroes are just those ordinary everyday people who you pass in the streets. Maybe we are all superheros even if it is just in our on lifes & we can only see it in others & not in ourselves.

I think my mother is a superhero. She has no amazing powers as such but she is determined, strong & has endless love for her children & grandchildren. I think she is stronger than she realises & I admire her courage & the way she has adapted to the huge changes in her life over the last few years. I love you mum!


No comments: