Thursday, March 15, 2007

Being sick

Which is worse, being sick or having sick kids/loved ones?
I think having sick husbands is worse than having sick children or being sick myself. It really annoys me how Scott sort of retreats into himself & then becomes grumpy as a bear. It always takes a while for him to say he is sick so I have to use those two clues to guess that he is sick. I am lucky in that he doesn't harp on about how sick he is but he just becomes a sullen grumpy bear.

Which is worse, throwing up or having sick kids/loved ones throwing up upon you?
This is such an easy answer for me. It is worse to have someone throwing up on me. I have this horrible thing where the smell & look of vomit makes my whole stomach turn & makes my gag reflex start happening. Sometimes I can end up chucking up myself even though I am not sick. I am trying really hard to get better at it & using mind over matter.

Which is worse, being up all night because you're sick, or being up all night because someone else is sick?
This is a tough one. Both of them are bad but I really think being up all night because someone else is sick is worse. I never get back to sleep because I constantly worry about them, whereas if it is just me being sick well I don't need to worry about anyone else but myself.

1 comment:

loonyhiker said...

Even the word "vomit" tends to make me gag! And you are right, hubbys are worst than any child being sick! They whine and act like they invented sickness!