Saturday, March 25, 2006

School Boy?

What a week of Medbury news it has been. First Brent read the prayer at the school service & then on Tuesday I got a letter from the Medbury School Trust Board. James has now been accepted into the reception class in Term 3 2006.

Term 3!?

I can't believe it. Term 3 starts on July 18 & finishes on September 15. James doesn't turn 5 until September 18! All this time I had thought that he wouldn't start until the 4th term & now they are happy to accept him into Term 3.

This has made me stop & evaluate how I think James will cope. I do know that he has now hit that horrible 4 1/2 stage. Tantrums get thrown a lot, control is vital & arguing & talking back happens all the time. Plus of course he knows it all & won't listen to anyone. I am coming to the end of my tether with him, but is that a valid reason to send him to school early.

It's not like he will be entering into a big class & he already knows one boy who will be starting at the same time. His antics at kindy & gymbaroo though do make me wonder if he knows what each letter of the alphabet looks like.

I talked to the head teacher at kindy & she thinks he is ready to leave. The other teacher has reservations about his size but I know for a fact he won't be the smallest there.

I have sent in my deposit & my littlest man will be going to school on July 18. As a mother I am so proud but so sad at the same time. As Katrina though I am looking forward to getting some more time to spend exercising & hopefully scrapbooking.

1 comment:

Roo said...

It does seem young to start school but they must think he will be fine. It will be good for youto get some 'Katrina' time.