Saturday, March 25, 2006

No Duathlon!

A lot of you will know by now that I never did get to compete in my duathlon. I had been feeling cruddy for a couple of weeks in the lead up to it. However on the Monday before the duathlon I was feeling a lot better so I went out for a run. I could only run for about 20 minutes non stop & I was feeling awful after only 12 minutes. I put it down to a lack of fitness as I hadn't been training very hard as I had been feeling off colour. I was still all ready to do it until things went down hill.

On Tuesday night Brent got sick & vomitted up all his dinner. We put him to bed at about 9:30pm only to be woken up by James who vomited at 3am. I kept the boys home on Wednesday & then on Thursday I came down with the bug. The boys went back to kindy & school on Friday but I was still not feeling very good. The weather forecast for the Sunday was for cold southerly winds & showers. I was really arguing with myself & Scott as to whether I should really compete. In the end I came to the conclusion that if the race had been on a Saturday I would have have competed as there was at least a day to recover before the week started. With the race being run on a Sunday if I got very sick afterwards I would not have any time to recover.

So I never got to compete in the end & it really was just as well because I was very tired & lethargic all weekend.

On a more positive note I have been keeping up my exercise & have put on my pedometer again to ensure that I do get in my 10,000 steps a day.

No comments: