Last night I was able to scrap a layout and this time I thought I would scrap current photos. This layout is the result.
ANZAC day was part of this week so I made the poppy from two oval punches and a black circle punch. I did buy a poppy but I got the Australian one which is made of fabric and will not squash nicely for a scrapbook. We did not go to a ceremony but we saw the Harewood memorial on our ingressing trip of the weekend, there is actually a portal at it.
Scott and I did some ingressing over the long weekend at Riccarton Bush, it's lovely to see that Riccarton House looks really good from the outside and I can't see where or if any earthquake repairs have been done.
The boys started back at school, but I forgot to take a photo of them in their suits in the rush to get them and all their gear back to school. They started back on Tuesday which is always a terrible day. It starts off with me getting up at 5:30 to get James to swimming by 6am. I then come back home make breakfast for Brent, myself and James and then take Brent with me to pick James up from swimming. We then travel straight to school and James has his breakfast in the car. So in actual fact it is quite difficult on a Tuesday morning to get a photo of the boys, it's dark when I take James to swimming and then they don't want to be seen with me taking photos of them at school.
It was while I was doing a pick up of the boys that I saw the tram. The journalling below the photo of the tram says that it is nice to see
the trams running again after they had been stopped due to the
earthquakes. They only just started up again recently. I know James
thinks it's funny when he steps out of Christ's College to hear tram
drivers talking about his school over the speaker system and saying that
there is a Christ's College student, pointing him out.
I love that I can use whatever supplies I like to make these layouts, the restrictions in place when I was a Stampin' Up! demonstrator meant I could really only use Stampin' Up! products and because I was trying to make sales I had to use current product. This layout uses mainly Stampin' Up! product (all except the little stamp of the tram which is a Club Scrap product) most of it retired. It's nice to use up my old stash.
In other news last week I sent away 12 layouts to Artscow to get them printed. They arrived yesterday! They look great however they came in a tube so now they are sitting under my heaviest scrapbook album to lie flat. Another job for me to do later today will be to actaully put them in their correct album. I think I am going to have to keep a spreadsheet on file as to what I have scrapped and which album it is in.