Sunday, July 27, 2008

Drizzly Sunday

It's terrible weather here & the boys are starting to get that cooped up feeling. There was no football yesterday because the grounds had been closed by the City Council on Thursday. It has just been raining nearly all week. I don't remember such a wet winter I want to get back to the bitterly cold frosts but blue sunny skies after. This gloomy stuff is just depressing.




Also depressing is the All Black loss last night. My goodness what a horrible game to watch & it just makes me think that the NZRFU really did choose the wrong man for the job. Of course I am talking as a One Eyed Cantabrian & I originally thought Robbie should have been the coach of the All Blacks. I felt very torn, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when the Wallibies won. I think Graham Henry has already given us his excuse for this loss. Earlier this week I was dumbfounded when I heard him say that Robbie had the better hand because he had worked with the new ELV laws under the Super 14 competition. He then went on to say that with injuries to some of our players we really had an inexperienced team. I can't believe that any coach trots out excuses before the game is even played, to me it sounds defeatist & I suppose if you are thinking negatively you will perform negatively. Yes we had an inexperienced team out there but why do we have to offer that as an excuse even before the game is played.





So while that game was on TV I decided to scrap a digi layout. I find it easier to scrap a digi layout in front of TV than a paper one.



This is the boys cross country. Journalling reads: A cold day at Fendalton Park. James was first to run & he came in 8th. brent ran next & came in 24th. Both boys looked like they could have run another lap.

1 comment:

Paula said...

These are wonderful layouts Katrina. Great that you managed to do them while that frustrated game of rugby was on. Cheers Paula