Thursday, May 08, 2008

Macaroni

Blog Prompt: On May 7, 1660, Isaack B. Fubine of Savoy, in The Hague, patents macaroni. What is your favorite macaroni dish?

Mum used to make us macaroni cheese a lot when we were young, somehow it seemed to be so often that I started to hate it. I am really not sure if it was all that often but it just seemed like it to me at the time.

Now James just loves macaroni cheese, it has become quite a regular fixture during the winter months on a Sunday for lunch. I still don't like regular macaroni cheese but if tuna gets stirred into that mixture, wow that's a whole different story! I just love my macaroni cheese & tuna!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

Yup yup, we all lived on it as kids. We didn't get tuna in it, though...we got sliced hot dogs.

All that salt! I shudder to think...

Jenny said...

Yum, yum - I love my mom's macaroni and cheese but hers has bacon, tomato and onion in it. I couldn't eat it with tuna in it

loonyhiker said...

I love macaroni and cheese. Only we ate it so much my first years of teaching that now my hubby is not a fan of it. So I cook him something I don't like and then fix me some mac and cheese!