Sunday, September 10, 2006

The Week Coming Up

Well everyone this is James' last week at kindy. He won't be there on Wednesday because he will be having a school visit until after lunch. He has been buddied up with a friend he met at Gymbaroo & he seems to be really starting to find his feet at Medbury. He seems more comfortable there than at kindy now & when i go to pick him up at mat time at kindy he is often not sitting with his kindy friends. he complains to me that they are so loud. It's funny really because I noticed Ronan did the same thing to James before Ronan left for school. I think it is just a sign that he is ready for school.

Scott starts his holidays on Thursday & he has already organised to have the electrician come in & fix our electrical problems on Thursday morning. Brent has his cross country on Thursday so James & I will go & cheer him on at that.

Friday will be an emotional day for me. James will be having his little leaving kindy presentation around midday. I'll be there with camera in my hand, hopefully getting some good photos. The end of my association with kindy isn't really until the end of the year after I hand over the reigns of the library & resign from the kindy committee. After we have picked up Brent we will bring him home, get him changed & then hit the road. Hopefully we'll be able to pick up some fish & chips in Geraldine or Tekapo on our way through.

We'll be heading down to Invercargill after lunch on Sunday & then having James' birthday in Invercargill. James is looking forward to it & we are all looking forward to meeting Magnus.

Keep well everyone & I will probably catch up with all my family some time in the next two weeks.

2 comments:

Mel said...

Have a great week. You are so good to stay on the kindy committee until the end of the year - most epople I know ditch it as soon as thier kid leaves!

Lara said...

hope to see how your trip went :-)